COVID-19 Alert Level 3 Measures
As per the provincial government’s decision to move our area to Alert Level 3, the following measures are in effect by the Town of Grand Falls-Windsor as of12:01 AM on Monday, December 20, 2021:
– Town Hall reception area will be closed to the public until further notice. For payment of taxes or permits, we accept the following methods: online/telephone banking, cheques sent by mail, or over-the-phone credit card payment. Please call 489-0402 for more information or for guidance on how to set up payments through your banking institution. Permit applications can be found on the Town’s website and be submitted via mail or e-mail.
– The Public Works Depot, Recreation Depot, and Fire Hall will remain closed to the public.
– Some of our facilities will remain open to the public with restrictions in place. This includes the YMCA, Corduroy Brook Building, Heritage Society, and the Ski Chalet.
– The Windsor Stadium and the Joe Byrne Memorial Stadium will remain open to the public as per provincial guidelines and with continued use of the VaxPass system.
– Outdoor spaces, playgrounds, and parks will remain open.
– Town Council Meetings will be conducted virtually until further notice, but will continue to be broadcast on Rogers TV.
Vaccinations are available for residents aged 5 and above. For information about the COVID-19 vaccination or to book a vaccine appointment, please contact Central Health or visit https://www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19/vaccine/gettheshot/.
Remember to frequently wash your hands, use hand sanitizer, wear a mask, and avoid touching your face. If you are feeling unwell, please consult 811. In addition, we encourage all residents to download the national COVID-19 Alert app. To learn more about the COVID Alert App, click here:
For the latest information regarding provincial COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions, please visit the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador COVID-19 website: www.gov.nl.ca/covid-19.
Communications Officer, Town of Grand Falls-Windsor
709-489-0173 | 709-689-3682