Apprentice Mechanic (Permanent Full-Time)
The purpose of this role is to undertake a formal apprenticeship with the Town of Grand Falls-Windsor. This position is intended for a candidate who has completed their heavy equipment provincial apprenticeship and is interested in pursuing an accredited trade and future career with us. The apprenticeship position is intended to support a long-term career within the Town of Grand Falls-Windsor.
- This is a skilled mechanical work position in the maintenance and repair of gasoline and diesel powered automotive and related heavy equipment. Working under the Chief Mechanic, this position is responsible for taking direction and responsibility from a Journey Person and will have the ability to maintain high level tasks in the maintenance and repair of light vehicles, fire trucks, dump trucks and heavy equipment.
- Assists Chief Mechanic in keeping maintenance and repair records up to code on all town vehicles and equipment.
- Assists Chief Mechanic in maintaining town owned vehicles and equipment in optimum working condition.
- Advises Chief Mechanic of condition of town owned vehicles and equipment.
- Keeps mechanical shop clean and free of safety hazards.
- Other duties as outlined in Town of Grand Falls-Windsor Job Description Manual
Commensurate with levels and experience.
- Must have completed a Heavy-Duty Mechanic apprentice program from a provincially recognized institution.
- Experience working in a municipal setting would be an asset.
- Must possess appropriate driver’s license as issued by Province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Interested persons are asked to submit a resume stating qualifications and experiences to:
Mr. Jody Bishop
Posting Date: February 1st, 2024
Deadline for applications is 4:00 PM on Friday, February 16th, 2024