Elected to Council in September of 2013, Councillor Tom Pinsent was born and raised in Grand Falls-Windsor. After high school, he served in the Canadian Forces for 10 years before leaving the military to complete a Business Degree at Mount Saint Vincent University in Halifax and returning to Grand Falls-Windsor in 1992. He is a member of the following Council Committees:
- Chair, Finance and Adminstration Committee
- Chair: AND Company Board of Directors
- Member of Parks, Recreation and Special Events Committee
- Member of Exploits Valley Salmon Festival Committee
- Exploits Regional Chamber of Commerce Liason
- SAM (Stewardhip Association of Municipalities)
Councillor Tom Pinsent is employed with the College of the North Atlantic as a business instructor.