Councillor Bartlett is a graduate of the General Hospital School of Nursing and MUN Community Health Nursing Program. She holds a certificate in Small Business Management from the College of Trades and Technology. Peggy retired from a 15-year nursing career at the Dr. Charles A. Janeway Child Health Center, and most recently from a 22-year career, as franchisee of McDonalds Restaurants in Grand Falls Windsor, Gander and Lewisporte.
As an active community volunteer, Peggy has served on numerous local, provincial and national committees and continues to hold membership in several diverse groups, including NL organization of Women Entrepreneurs and The Association of Registered Nurses of NL.
She currently serves on the following boards: The Newfoundland and Labrador Advisory Board of The Canadian Red Cross, Business Investment Corporation (BTRCD), and the Status of Women Central.
Councillor Bartlett was elected to The Grand Falls Windsor Council in a municipal by-election, March 2016.
Councillor Bartlett is a member of the following council committees:
- Chair of the Economic Development, Tourism and Heritage Committee
- Member of Finance and Administration
- Member of the EXCITE Corporation Board
- Member of the Exploits Valley Salmon Festival committee
- Member of the Joint Council
- Exploits Regional Chamber of Commerce Liason
- Grand Falls House Committee